All of my flat mates plus a couple of friends joined for dinner. Michelle and I made a few decorations to help set the mood, leaves and turkeys. We also ran out of chairs so we used a couple of coolers and a camping chair. Beside eating, I also gave them a little history lesson. I used a power point presentation I had left over from teaching in Korea all about the history of Thanksgiving. I think they enjoyed it! And I made them all say one thing they were thankful for. They got the full Thanksgiving treatment! In all, I think it made quite a good feast.
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Thanksgiving
As you can guess, there is no Thanksgiving in New Zealand, but I changed that this year. I spent all day Thursday cooking a Thanksgiving dinner to have with my flat. I was a little weary to take on such a feat because I don't consider myself such a good cook, but I gave it a try anyways. I cooked stuffing, green beans, sweet potato casserole, gravy, pumpkin pie (from scratch!) and turkey. The turkey was actually a turkey log because it was cheaper and all the ones in the store were enormous.



All of my flat mates plus a couple of friends joined for dinner. Michelle and I made a few decorations to help set the mood, leaves and turkeys. We also ran out of chairs so we used a couple of coolers and a camping chair. Beside eating, I also gave them a little history lesson. I used a power point presentation I had left over from teaching in Korea all about the history of Thanksgiving. I think they enjoyed it! And I made them all say one thing they were thankful for. They got the full Thanksgiving treatment! In all, I think it made quite a good feast.

All of my flat mates plus a couple of friends joined for dinner. Michelle and I made a few decorations to help set the mood, leaves and turkeys. We also ran out of chairs so we used a couple of coolers and a camping chair. Beside eating, I also gave them a little history lesson. I used a power point presentation I had left over from teaching in Korea all about the history of Thanksgiving. I think they enjoyed it! And I made them all say one thing they were thankful for. They got the full Thanksgiving treatment! In all, I think it made quite a good feast.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I am proud of you Emily, looks like you put on quite a feast. You go girl! The pumpkin pie looked good in your pics and the sweet potato casserole looked delish too. You are quite the Martha with the presentation and all. I bet your flatmates enjoyed the feast and the lesson. Seems you are truly getting on well over there. How wonderful for you. Have a good December and will keep checking your blog, I just love it. Love ya bunches, Cara
ReplyDeleteAwww, everything looks amazing Em! And you truly are a teacher with your little powerpoint presentation. Michelle and the crew are sure lucky to have you there with them! I sure hope you guys have an incredible time preparing for Christmas. Love you Emily!
ReplyDeleteCheers, Sarah